Specialized team of scientists
Technician Clinical Virology
An excellent opportunity for a candidate who is eager to take his/ her laboratory education and experience to the next level. You will join the highly dedicated and motivated clinical team. You will predominantly work at our HQ in Rotterdam.
In this role you will work in a high-tech laboratory environment with the latest techniques and innovations. Your focus will be on cellular based virology assays in the Clinical Virology Department. You will work on world-class clinical intervention studies of the top pharmaceutical companies. This position allows you to develop yourself into a virology specialist.
Tasks & responsibilities
You will be working within our clinical department on a wide variety of tasks, including:
- Virological, immunological and in some occasions molecular assays, such as virus titration, neuraminidase inhibition, plaque assays, haemagglutination inhibition, neutralizing antibodies, CMI and our in-house developed innovative Virospot Assays.
- Additional responsibilities such as study data base management, supply management and administration, etc.
- Liaising with peers and other stakeholders (clinical trial operations, study directors/ scientists, QA managers) to ensure a smooth laboratory project work flow.
- Apply quality guidelines in line with ISO15189, GLP, GCLP and GCP methodologies.
The above activities will be performed within a team of technicians and in close cooperation with other departments. You will be guided, supported and coached by your group leader, peers, and (study) directors.
We are looking for a candidate who is comfortable in a dynamic, diverse and international team of technicians and scientists. With your work experience(s), education, competences and personality you are an ideal fit for the following profile:
- Focused on quality, attention to detail;
- Result oriented;
- Responsibility and ownership;
- Communicative and team oriented;
- Educated to MBO/ HBO level. We prefer the specialization: virology and/or immunology; but we also welcome applicants with a more generic Biochemical background;
- Strong verbal and written skills in Dutch and English at an advanced level;
- Ability to work at biological level II (BSL-2).
- After a thorough induction program you can expect a personal development plan, consisting of:
- Internal and external training and course opportunities by leading scientists;
- The opportunity to progress to Sr. Technician and Group Leader level;
- The option to move to other roles such as: IT support roles, Research & Development, Clinical Trial Operations, Molecular Virology, etc.
This will be determined according to education, experience, and company policy. We offer a one-year contract with the possibility of extension upon good performance, and eventually a permanent position.
To apply for this position
Please send your CV and motivation letter to our Office Manager, Carla Coors at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further details please contact Dr. Rienk Jeeninga at: 088 668 4700. Acquisition by agencies is not appreciated.
About Viroclinics Biosciences
Viroclinics Biosciences is a leader in the strongly growing and very dynamic market of diagnostic services companies. As a service organization we offer serological, virus-based and molecular analyses of any type of sample and combine this with a global logistics service network. We have customers from all over the world and our analyses encompass many types of viruses.
Professionalism and high quality standards are hallmarks of our organization. We are ISO15189 accredited and comply with worldwide regulatory standards to enable our customers to file and launch new drug applications in Europe, Asia, and the USA. Our company is steadily growing and in recent months we obtained several new requests to participate in global phase-2 and phase-3 drug development programs and we obtained a large 4-years contract to help improve vaccines with a global health impact.
OUR LATEST NEWS
Viroclinics Biosciences serves as a virology contract research organization in the bio pharmaceutical community with preclinical, clinical diagnostic, assay development and clinical trial logistics services. Especially with extensive experience in clinical and...
Polio has been reduced by 99%*, since the start of the global polio eradication program by the World Health Organization and its partners. In contrast to many diseases, polio has the potential to become completely eradicated. The virus tend to occur in developing...
Selecting vaccine strains that match circulating influenza viruses antigenically remains an annual challenge. Vaccine mismatch [e.g., for recent A(H3N2) viruses] has contributed to reduced vaccine effectiveness. Reduced vaccine effectiveness not only may affect public health, but also causes economic losses due to absenteeism from work. Vaccine mismatches also fuel the ongoing debate about the effectiveness of the influenza vaccine.